Friday, November 16, 2007

A Fiver

5 Days Until Angel: After the Fall #1

MOMENT NUMBER SIX
Season One
Episode 1.03: In the Dark
"Spike's Voice-Over"

Spike--still soulless, still evil--comes to LA to get his gem from Oz and Angel's crew. When he arrives, he catches Angel saving a woman and takes it upon himself to provide a voice-over for the event.
"How can I thank you, you mysterious black-clad-hunk-of-a-knight-thing?"
"No need little lady. Your tears of gratitude are enough for me. You see, I was once a bad-ass vampire. But love, and a pesky curse, defanged me. And now, I'm just a *big* fluffy puppy with bad teeth. No! Not the hair! Never the hair."
"But there must be some way I can show my appreciation."
"No, helping those in need's my job. And working up a load of sexual tension and prancing away like a magnificent poof is truly thanks enough."
"I understand. I have a nephew who's gay, so..."
"Say no more. Evil's still afoot. And I'm almost out of that Nancy-boy hair gel I like so much. Quickly! To the Angelmobile! Away!"



MOMENT NUMBER FIVE
Season Five
Episode 5.22: Not Fade Away
"Take The Day Off"

On what may be their last day alive, Angel tells his friends to take the day off before the big battle that night. They each live that day as if it were their last. Lorne sings a bittersweet song, reflecting on what his life has come to. Wesley patches up Illyria, thinking of nothing but the shell she is dwelling in. Spike recites his poetry at a pub and finally gets credit for it. Gunn helps the community. Lindsey spends his day with Eve. And Angel hangs out with his son. Each of these moments (particularly the way that Angel, Wes, and Spike spend their days) are poignant clips that make us at once realize how far these characters have come since we first met them.

No comments: